Author Topic: Car Pooling Ideas  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
Re: Car Pooling Ideas
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »
Yep all good ideas Thom. I think it would be great for people to post a new thread with where they are going and when, that sort of thing. Also if people have an idea of a place they would LIKE to go with no specific date in mind... like organizing a field trip  somewhere just to see who is interested. This could be great! ANd Matt n Kelly - some folks have vans so we could organize trips that your family could ride along with.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM »
Chuck started this topic under the Monthly Meeting / New Business section, and that was fine. I thought it might be better to list Car Pooling under the main forum page, so I created a new child board called Car Pooling under the Other Goals / Efforts / Proposals board and renamed this thread to Car Pooling Ideas. So ALL messages related to car pooling would be posted in one spot.

One way to organize this would be to have common destinations listed as separate topics, within which members could post their plans to travel to that destination like date, time, pick up points, when returning etc. It might look like this:

Forums
... Other Goals / Efforts / Proposals
... ... Car Pooling
... ... ... Car Pooling Ideas (this thread)
... ... ... Ava
... ... ... Mt. Home
... ... ... Springfield
... ... ... West Plains

Alternatively members could put a date, time, destination as a topic title and people interested could post messages under that topic like this:

Forums
... Other Goals / Efforts / Proposals
... ... Car Pooling
... ... ... Car Pooling Ideas (this thread)
... ... ... Going to Ava at 9AM tomorrow
... ... ... Picking up delivery at Orchelons in Mt. Home on 10/3/2014
... ... ... Anyone going to Springfield next week?

Or don't start with any structure and just let it "spontaneously organize" or be a wild, willie-nilly collection of posts and topics and let people  figure it out by reading the messages.

Anyway, just my $0.02 thoughts on the matter. If anyone wants to contribute to this discussion or voice their preferences, this is the place to do it!
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Matt Hitt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
Kellie and I are interested and we think its a good idea... This could grow easily so there is reason enough to continue talking about it I think... We usually travel as a family so we don't really have much room but sometimes one of us gets out by ourselves and we could help out ... We think its worth keeping on the horizon especially since it doesn't really take much labor to set up
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:04:16 PM by Thom »

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
I'm interested!  :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:04:05 PM by Thom »

Offline Chuck Blanchard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Car Pooling Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 06:04:57 AM »
Wanted to see if there was an interest in the group for carpooling. My idea was if someone was going to Mountain Home, Ava, or somewhere else they could post it on the forum and folks interested would contact them and work out arrangements. If there is an interest we can discuss this at the meeting.

Chuck
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:03:08 PM by Thom »