Author Topic: O.N.E. Name Change Discussion  (Read 7172 times)

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
Re: Old Business - Name Change
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
This is Magda posting for Jan. She does not have internet, so I will share her idea regarding the conversation about O.N.E. She offered that if we use OZARK NEIGHBORLY EXCHANGE, we would avoid the current confusion and put the emphasis on "exchange."

Sabrina Wilson

Re: Old Business - Name Change
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Maybe if we are amenable and Galen is willing, we could go back to "Well Fed Neighbor Alliance" as he used previously. Although it's not a sayable acronym, it gets the idea across (without the possible confusion of apostrophe placement). :)

Another good reason for this is that I can see this branching into nationwide chapters someday, if word gets around and there are people willing to get involved. I'd like Galen to come talk about this at my church, the Universal Unitarian of Mountain Home, Arkansas. According to the maps, that is still part of the Ozarks - but what if someone from Little Rock wanted to start a chapter? Or from Saint Louis? Just sayin'.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
O.N.E. Name Change Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:33:16 AM »
As I choose which content to be migrated over from Bigtent to this new online home for O.N.E., I felt this discussion about the name was important and should be preserved and available for all to see. It is part of the O.N.E. group heritage. And speaking of that be sure to review the audio recordings of the April meeting where Jule Kruger provides an excellent review of O.N.E.s history.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:59:12 PM by OneMan »
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

anything