Author Topic: New Business for O.N.E.  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Chrystal Marshall

• View Profile
Re: New Business for O.N.E.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
I would be willing to hand sign them to say any thing. I could use my calligraphy set.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 04:27:58 PM »
Either way is cheap enough. I may be wrong but wouldn't 20 be enough? That's only $6 @ $0.30 / each. 30 would still be under $10.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »
Hi Thom,

We should probably get a consensus on sending out Thank you's for the last Annual Congress.

I have come up with a simple and professional card design that we can use and print fairly cheaply, if I print them on card stock, rather than send them out for printing. I think the biggest hurdle is figuring out how many we need. They are generic enough that they could go to vendors and sponsors and people who donated items for raffles.

We would just need volunteers to sign them, the Board of Directors perhaps?

STAPLES charges $0.42 per page for color printing in the quantity we would probably need. I would be willing to print them for $0.30 per page which should cover my ink and card stock costs.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 10:19:40 PM »
If time permits Magda, but it could use more germination here on the forum I think.

You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 08:58:03 PM »
Bill, are you still interested in having the saw mill on the agenda?  It was on last meeting's agenda, but was skipped because you weren't present.    -  And we missed you.

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
Thom, would you like to share your idea of membership recognition at the meeting on 6/27/14 ? Let's see if anyone else is interested in that possibility. Let me know so I can put it on the agenda.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Member Recognition
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Another thought that just popped into my head would be to devise a way of rewarding or recognizing members that exemplify the spirit of O.N.E.  In another group I was a member of they had an annual picnic to do that, and a committee was formed each year to review how members contributed to the club and to choose the recipient and create a handcrafted trophy. Each year the past recipients would bring their trophies to the picnic for a group photo and recognition of their contribution to the club. It was always a big, fun annual event.

I was always amazed at the diversity and craftsmanship that went into these trophies. The only requirement was every trophy had to have the likeness of one of the club's founding members on it. I was on the committee once and I volunteered to craft the trophy, which as a 3 sided pyramid spire made of stainless steel and crystal clear acrylic mounted on a walnut base. It was just short of 2 foot tall and the spire was lit with a bright red LED powered by a small lithium computer battery concealed in the base. The founder's likeness was laser-etched in the stainless steel. 

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Membership Subsidies or Dues Discounts
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »
I replied to Magda's post here concerning membership dues. This Old Business topic actually overlaps here with my thoughts below, which should be discussed. The first part may be relevant to membership dues and thus should be included in July's agenda but not necessarily. This is up to the meeting coordinator to determine.

I would like to propose we vote on whether to dedicate a portion of O.N.E.'s 50 / 50 bucket proceeds towards people that would like to become O.N.E. members but can't afford membership dues, and a vote on the percentage of that to dedicate. So far the 50 / 50 bucket has raised $88 (not counting June's contribution; I don't have the financial report for June yet). If we dedicated 20% of O.N.E.'s bucket proceeds we would now have more than $17.60 or at least 2 full memberships to provide. The committee might also choose to use those funds by discounting memberships or by granting them by paying the dues entirely.

We could form a membership committee to sort out membership subsidy requests. The committee could recommend applicants and amount of the subsidy to the general membership to vote on or approve.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:00:16 PM by OneMan »

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 08:51:39 PM »
The sawmill is on the agenda.  -Pearl

Offline William Barnes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:10:52 AM »
 I would like to know if there are parties interested in a saw mill

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
New Business for O.N.E.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »
Suggestions, questions or discussions for new business that may not be urgent enough to post under the Meeting Coordinator / Agenda board. This is a more casual place to bring up subjects or discuss items that don't have to make it on the next meeting agenda but deserve attention by the membership at some point.

anything