Author Topic: Work Party at George Hoppes place, Oct. 27, 8 a.m.  (Read 365 times)

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: Work Party at George Hoppes place, Oct. 27, 8 a.m.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:17:20 AM »
Well I tried to get there, but unfortunately the directions had too few clues for me to find the place, despite wandering around for half hour looking. It's very raw out there, with multiple curves and turns and too few things to cite as landmarks.

This is offered for future activities to the Hoppes property, that others will be prepared with enough info to find it.

I have been down into Arkansas on hwy P more than three times, to "Ron and Patties Place". There is a sign post pointing to their place at an intersection at the bottom of one hill, quite a ways past the AR/MO border. I went to the top of that hill and the first place on the left was "600 Nature Way", with an open camouflaged, green gate and a very rough road beyond the gate. I didn't go in too far before deciding it wasn't the Hoppes place (if it was I had no way to know, and the road was very rough).

There was another right hand turn at the bottom of a hill closer than the above. The first left side driveway at the top of that hill opened into a very large field. Towards the left quite a ways away from the road was a barn and a house which has been under construction for quite awhie, based on the wood weathering I saw. Way across the field, which is to the right from entrance, is another set of buildings, but I didn't go there b/c it seemed too newish to be Hoppes place.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Chuck Blanchard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Work Party at George Hoppes place, Oct. 27, 8 a.m.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 03:00:46 PM »
There will be a work party at Hoppes on Oct. 27th at 8 a.m. We will continue with the firewood cutting we started back in August. Tools needed, chainsaws, wood splitters, loppers, wedges, mauls and anything else you believe would help. Be sure to dress appropriately, eye and ear protection, gloves and what you need for the weather. As always, this will be a potluck.

Directions, Take P highway to the gravel and continue on. You will enter Arkansas, there is a sign you will pass letting you know you are entering foreign lands. The road turns to the left and a short distance past this you will take a right and go up a steep hill, continue on to the first drive you come to on the left. Turn in and follow the road till you come to civilization.

Any questions you can give me a call.

anything