Author Topic: Meeting Coordinator: Agenda Items for the Next Monthly Meeting  (Read 7737 times)

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Coordinator: Agenda Items for the Next Monthly Meeting
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 07:44:31 PM »
Please add me to the agenda for the next monthly meeting. We need to discuss / vote on the presenter vetting process.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 09:54:22 AM »
Hi Thom,
Please put me on the agenda for Old Business re: Phone Tree - 3 minutes max.
Thanks, Magda

Offline lisarollens

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
Thom, please put me on the agenda for new business.  Thx.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Meeting Facilitator: Agenda Items for the March 2016 Monthly Meeting
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 12:55:33 AM »
Forum is being a real PITA to paste agenda in & preserve indentation, bullets etc. Just open the attachment.

Code: [Select]
1) Welcome / Introduction / Recruit Stacker – Timekeeper – Secretary (if absent)
     a.  Raise issue of “featured topic / speaker” for meetings
    b. Next month we will return to Summer meeting time at 7:00 PM

2) Reading of previous meeting minutes (reminder – they’re available online in forum)
     a. After reading ask for corrections, motion to approve, vote to approve

3) Nomination of candidates (poll crowd on who saw email about elections)
    a. Briefly overview reasons for 501c3, bylaws, elections

4) Call for candidates to give a brief statement if they wish (3 minutes max)

5) Elections (Reminder to board: meet briefly after O.N.E. meeting)

6) Old Business / Committee Reports
     a. Sorghum / Seed swap – Chuck
     b. O.N.E. Congress – Jon
     c. Home Funeral – Magda / Tracy / Pearl

7) New Business

Break  –  50/50 Raffle

9) New Business wrap up

10) Treasurer’s Report – Raffle drawing

11) Next Work Party

12) General Announcements
      a. Jim Farmer
      b. ?
      c. ?
      d. ?
      e. ?
      f. ?
      g. ?
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
I won't be able to offer the use of the theater for a O.N.E. forum tutorial as I had thought originally with paying a fee to the Treasure Gallery ($25 I believe). I'll talk it over with Judy and see if she is willing to make a one time exception.

Alternatively I could bring my projector and screen to the meeting. The problem with that is the church doesn't have an internet connection so it will significantly limit what I can demonstrate.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:04:46 PM by Thom »
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 10:55:27 AM »
I think it's a good idea to come together at the theater to review forum Q&A instead of taking all that time at the meeting. Since maybe not everyone has questions or concerns, it seems that it would be better to create a specific event to address those folks who do have Q's.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
Magda, do you want to devote the time required to review the new forum at the monthly meeting, or defer that to another time? It might take quite awhile, depending on the number of questions people have.

Another thought is to have a special presentation at the movie theater on another night or time. You could ask the membership if that would be preferable. I could even make some popcorn! It also would give folks a chance to see th theater.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »
Pearl, would you like to discuss the difficulty you're having here in the forum? I have a conflict on the 27th and am not sure at the moment how it will be resolved, so I may not be able to bring my projector and screen to that meeting.

Plus, if I knew what trouble you are having I might help you out sooner than waiting for the meeting. Lets's move this side topic over to (click here), where we can talk about your difficulties separately from the meeting agenda topic in this discussion.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:43:08 PM by OneMan »

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »
Hi Magda! 

I would like us to have a discussion topic about how to use the new forum and perhaps see if Thom is interested in giving a tutorial about the forum and how it is structured.  I myself am having difficulty figuring out where to find things, where to post things.

Thanks, Pearl

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 10:45:11 AM »
Hi to all members.  Please post the topics you would like to have added to the July meeting agenda (which will be held 6/27/14 because of the 4th of July week-end). Thanks in advance for you input.  Magda Preston

Nancy Holznagle

Agenda Items for the June / May 30 Meeting
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »
I had eye surgery and was unable to attend the May meeting.I don't know what happened but having a work day here at my place in May was talked about.It was my understanding that would happen .After reading that it is now someone elses slot (again) I assume it won't take place.I say assume as no one has notified me one way or the other.Thank you guys and have a great work day.Blessings to all.

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
Meeting Coordinator: Agenda Items for the June / May 30 Meeting
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
Please post suggestions for the May 30 meeting under the topic heading for that date. Thank you.

I am noting that Magda is suggestion we talk about Home Funerals at the May 30 meeting, so we will put that on the agenda.

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »
Pearl told us a bit about what she learned at the class and I find it very interesting, useful information. I would love to learn more and think it's a great knowledge to share! No reason to outsource the death of a loved one to some business or the state. It should be taken care of gently and with honor by those who cared for that person, in my opinion. If I go, just throw me in the woods (or bury me in a woolen blanket) and have a party!

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »
This topic is for the June meeting on May 30th. I would like to report on a class Pearl and I attended re: Home Funerals to share information and find out if there is any interest to hold a class in this area. Cheers, Magda

Offline Jon Kruger

• View Profile
Thanks, and the Next Meeting Coordinator
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 11:15:01 AM »
This is Jule,

Thanks to all who attended the last ONE meeting. I was honored by your presence. Thanks to Ute, who will be our next facilitator, 5/2/14.

Our name, Ozark Neighbor Exchange, is currently being discussed and several variations on O.N.E. have been suggested. Please, if you care about this, bring your ideas to our next meeting. We hope to resolve this then.

Several folks brought items to give away at our last meeting...all items found new homes. I like this idea, so feel free to participate.

If there are any issues, or new agenda items we can discuss here on BigTent, before the next meeting, I think that would be great. It might save time at our meetings if we express ourselves here online.

I plan to share a logo idea I came up with. If any others are thinking along these lines, feel free to participate.

That's it for now,
Jule