Author Topic: Chipper use  (Read 1430 times)

Offline lisarollens

• View Profile
Re: Chipper use
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »
I didn't make it to the last ONE. meeting to give an update on the chipper.  Dan fixed all kinds of little things on it (bless his heart!) and even made a maintenance schedule to be filled out as we go.  I had mentioned an oil leak and he located it...hydraulic oil.  We haven't yet had a chance to figure out what to do about it.....it's on the hydraulic tank (and I know that's not the right word for it).  We may have to take it off and have it welded or soldered, or might have to get a new tank, which is where insurance comes in.  I just got the chipper to my house and am about to do some chipping with it.  Anyone who uses it will have to monitor hydraulic oil and add some if necessary.  I should be done in time for you to get it and get your stuff done by the end of September, Chrystal.  Do you have a truck available to get it??

Lisa

Offline Chrystal Marshall

• View Profile
Chipper use
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Dusty and I have need of the chipper, if it is available in a week or two. I don't see that any one has it scheduled. Our schedule is flexible, but I would like to see our limb piles chipped by the end of September, so I can have October to prepare the high tunnel site. I'm also looking into a load of chicken litter and mushroom compost, but logistics, load sizes, and cost have me on hold. If anyone is interested in talking about going in on either or both, call me-480-250-7746. Thanks, Chrystal