Author Topic: Keystove-GH Parts List and Construction  (Read 7392 times)

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
Re: Keystove-GH Parts List and Construction
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »
Hello Folks!  Good news!

It looks like all fourteen people are committed to coming and I should have all the money to send off to Doug shortly.

Jon Kruger has advised me that we can have the event at Woodpecker's again on Aug 23-25.  To cover the cost we are asking that each of the 14 attendees kick in another $5/each.  That is quite a deal for use of the facilities, so a big thank you to Mike Wood.  If you see him, thank him profusely for us.

Additionally, each day will be a potluck - all the food we will be eating will be the food we bring - so let's all eat well, shall we?

Peace and pellet stove parties, Pearl

Offline Chuck Blanchard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 04:17:22 PM »
Pearl,

I just posted the phone tree in Other Goals/Efforts/ Proposals. Looks like everyone is on it except Michael Ryce.

Chuck

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 11:16:39 AM »
To everyone who expressed interest in the BioChar workshop/purchasing/making a stove:

I need to get Doug $165 from each of you by July 14th.  Please send me a check ASAP to

Pearl Schneider
51  Oran Mor Lane
Squires MO 65755

Please give me a call at 417 265 3753 if you have any questions, or just to let me know that you have mailed out a check.

I will also try to call those I have not yet received confirmation from to find out where we stand and if we need to make other arrangements for payment.

I look forward to hearing from all our participants soon.  Peace - Pearl

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »
Yep!  See you then.

Offline Chuck Blanchard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »
Hi Pearl,
I like the $165 idea. So it works for me. You going to be up in Ava Saturday morning? I can pay you then.

Chuck

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »
And I will say you're doing a great job Pearl, I hope everyone appreciates your efforts on this as much as I certainly do.

Thank you!
 8)

PS: Note that this discussion now has 2 pages of posts with Chuck's post on July 3rd. Look at the lower left under the last post (this post on my machine but yours may be different). People with big displays may possibly have only 1 page.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:34:45 PM by OneMan »
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:17 AM »
I have received a reply from Doug.  He is suggesting the week end of the 23rd of August for a workshop. He wants to do 1/2 day making tincaniums to demonstrate the principles involved and then two days building the stoves themselves in an "industrial" set up.  He hasn't asked for anything for his time - although I have asked him if there is anything we can do to compensate him for his time and expertise - while also letting him know that just the $150 is a stretch for some of us.

He will need $150/stove in advance so that he can buy the parts to put the kits together.  Again, I have asked him if we just write checks to "Doug Brethower".  If you all agree with my above suggestion, ONE members would divide the number of stoves desired into $150 and add the amount to their checks.  At the present time - unless others decide they would also like to attend - that would make the total $165/stove for ONE attendees.

I am looking forward to hearing from everyone interested on this matter. We need to confirm the money and the date. I am trying to get in touch with Jon / Mike Wood to see about using Woodpecker's again; if not, perhaps we can avail ourselves of Michael Ryce's offer of workshop space.

I am doing everything I can to make this process as inexpensive and successful as possible.

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »
I have contacted Doug and let him know that we have 13 people interested in making 14 stoves (I want two). When I hear back from him, I will let you all know about possible dates, the money, etc.

Regarding kicking in extra to Patrick to pay for Thom's stove, I think we should limit that to the ONE attendees and not put that on the people from the Ava Garden club, if that is ok with you all.  I know that the cost is an issue for some of them. We have ten stoves from the ONE  group (two for Patrick and two for me).  Let's say the cost is $150/kit  - if members of ONE kicked in an extra $15/stove, that would cover it, eh?  Let me know.  Thanks!

I have the following attendees from ONE:

Chuck Blanchard
Patrick Quinn 
Thom
Michael Ryce
Bill Barnes
Jon Kruger
Pearl (2)
Jim Wills
Suzanne Meeks

Please advise if there are any corrections in order.

Offline William Barnes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »
i would like to attend bill

Offline patrick quinn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 09:22:18 AM »
I am interested in building a stove

I would two kits

Offline patrick quinn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 09:15:18 AM »
 I am interested in building a stove

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 08:58:56 AM »
Yes, Magda, please put this on the agenda.

Doug got back with me today. I think our best bet is to buy the kits. Doug says that he will deliver them and spend the day with us if there are enough interested. He also has some griddles to go with the stoves for those interested (I am!)

I have that Donna, Michelle, Chuck & Magda and Will & Mary Anne are interested from the Ava Organic Gardening group and Patrick is interested from ONE. Is there anyone else?  I will be letting Doug know soon how many kits to bring so let me know ASAP if you are interested.

Peace and pellet stoves, Pearl

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
Thanks for  the update, Pearl.  Should I put you on the agenda for a short report at the 6/27/14 meetings?

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »
I have been in contact with Doug about the parts because I am having a time finding all the stuff. We are discussing options - like using other things besides what is exactly on the parts list, etc. -  but it looks like our best bet might be to just buy the kits from him.  There will be some issues about getting the kits here, etc. 

I will keep you posted when I know more. 

Peace and parts, Pearl

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
Hi Pearl,
Thanks for working on the Keystove  workshop.  Would you be willing to give a brief report about the stove and its' uses at the 6/27/14 meeting?