Author Topic: Al's "SimpleFire" 5 Gallon Bucket Gasifier  (Read 2531 times)

Offline patrick quinn

• View Profile
Re: Al's "SimpleFire" 5 Gallon Bucket Gasifier
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
Thank you Thom for posting this, thank you Al for an inspiring demo of this simple fire gasifier.
I joined http://driveonwood.com probably will be a reader as there is much to be learned.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Al's "SimpleFire" 5 Gallon Bucket Gasifier
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »
Wow, what a fantastic week! It was so much more than I anticipated  :o

I have attached the parts list (you need to be logged into the forum to see attachments) for the 5 gallon bucket gasifier Al Denninger put together and tried out at the Biochar Workshop held at the Woodpecker Lodge last week.

Al gave numerous demos of this gasifier running a small 4KW gasoline generator on woodgas, or more accurately the gas produced from burning the remaining hydrocarbons in biochar (the biochar was created by burning commercially produced wood pellets in Doug Brethower's Biochar Generator Stove)

Al emailed the workshop attendees the list of parts to build this which are attached.

Pearl Schneider is putting together a construction workshop for the Biogas generator stoves like those from last week's workshop at the Woodpecker Lodge. That thread is here.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:30:15 PM by OneMan »
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.