Author Topic: O.N.E. 2017 Annual Congress - post congress meeting notes 4-7-17  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: O.N.E. 2017 Annual Congress - post congress meeting notes 4-7-17
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 01:11:41 PM »
Looks like you had a good debrief meeting, sorry I wasn't there.

I don't agree with NOT using "Congress" in the name, as we've built brand recognition for it. However I can see the viewpoint that "Congress" sounds political which may turn some people off.

This is a marketing question for sure. I wonder what Jim Farmer's opinion would be on this?
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
O.N.E. 2017 Annual Congress - post congress meeting notes 4-7-17
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 04:58:49 PM »
Here are the discussion topics from our post 2017 Congress meeting. If you have more to add please reply to this post.

- We need 51 Thank  you notes
- Please solicit donations and pass out flyers at the same time if possible to increase coverage efficiency, also pair up if possible and have info about our organization to give when asked.
- Sponsors were not properly announced this year. In the future a LARGE sign needs to be made to advertise our sponsors, that is what they are paying for. In addition Sponsor Coordinator needs to announce sponsors or delegate someone else to do so.
- Our ONE banner needs to be hung at the event. Some sponsors may have banners as well in lieu of posters.
- We need to add our Forum and Facebook address on our flyers.
- We need a brochure about our group.
- Magda will be making a form to use when collecting donations to keep track of who we are soliciting and the form will be put in our Congress how to binder.
- Collect all donated items for raffles by the week before the event - NO LATER.
- Simplify the title of the Congress
- Use the word "Expo" or "Seminar" instead of Congress for future events.
- Have more "How to" instruction and demonstrations rather than all lectures. People want skill development.
- Request that food on the potluck table is labelled as to ingredients.
- Potential topics for next year - water, food, shelter, clothing and energy.
- Limit lecture time to 4 speakers and have hands on demos for the remainder of the day.
- Charge an entrance fee, even if it is minimal.
- All members should network and spread the word about the event.
Tracy

anything