Author Topic: Trip to Jeff City & Columbia with Stacy Hambleton & Gang  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Trip to Jeff City & Columbia with Stacy Hambleton & Gang
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:02:07 PM »
Here are a few pics of our time in Jefferson city at the Lincoln University. Stacy Hambelton was our tour leader, and our party was 6 people altogether. I only took 4 pics, so this is by no means a complete report. Please see the forthcoming meeting minutes for the O.N.E. meeting held on March 7th for further details. Hopefully one of the other participants will contribute to this forum thread (I can't remember the featured speaker's name; I only recall his first name starts with an 'R' and he is from Russia. He was extremely knowledgeable and very articulate with an excellent command of the English language. Mr. (Dr. ?) R gave us some crucial information about the temperatures required to produce an effective biochar without introducing pollution or byproducts that hinder rather than help your crops and the environment.

The pics are all from our first stop, and we all took away a great deal of info on one way to produce biochar at a small production level suitable for personal gardens. These pics were taken at Lincoln University in Jefferson City on March 6th, 2014.

This pic shows the "barrel within a barrel" apparatus used to produce the biochar:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:14:02 PM by OneMan »
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

anything