Author Topic: Meeting Procedure / Process Document  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Procedure / Process Document
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 09:29:20 PM »
HI all,

At our monthly meeting this evening we decided as a group to continue our discussion on this topic. Please post your input in this thread.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How to vet potential presenters at monthly meetings
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 07:43:27 PM »
The sub-committee met on 7-21-16 to discuss the need for a vetting process pertaining to presenters who come to our meetings. Those in attendance were Tracy Meal, Chuck Blanchard and Magda Preston. After lengthy discussion we came up with a statement that should be read to a potential presenter by the facilitator. A few questions will then be asked by the facilitator and then the group will be open to ask any other questions that may be of importance to members of the group.

We would like to add this to the meeting procedure document.

This is obviously open for discussion amongst the group, however we hope to wrap this up quickly, hence the subcommittee discussion outside of the monthly meetings.

We will vote on this at our next meeting on July 29, 2016.

Statement:
We are an inclusive, non-profit organization dedicated to mutual help and education. All are welcome regardless of race, religion, lifestyle choice or political affiliation, therefore tolerance is important to our group.

Questions:
1.   Do you have any overt political content in your presentation leaning on way or another?
If yes, please explain.

2.   Is there any religious content in your presentation that focuses on one particular philosophy?
If yes, please explain.

3.   Is there any content that denigrates or demeans alternative lifestyle choices including transgendered or homosexual individuals?
If yes, please explain.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Meeting Procedure / Process Document
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »
Hi all,

As promised I created a meeting process document. This is intended to guide a new or REALLY rusty facilitator through the meeting progression smoothly.

This is the first revision. I used the one Magda created, (Thanks Magda) and I also got Thom's input since he is our most recent facilitator.

If you see anything that could be added, let me know.

Tracy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:32:17 PM by Thom »
Tracy