Author Topic: Labor and Time sheet  (Read 4375 times)

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Labor and Time sheet
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 10:29:05 AM »
HI all,

Here is an updated time sheet in keeping with Thom's format.

See attached .pdf file

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »
Great ideas Thom. Thanks for organizing it.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 01:01:02 PM »
As we discussed in the Congress review meeting yesterday, find attached the "personal log" version of Tracy's time sheet for recording volunteer time. I have also created a "Meeting Attendance" form to record the time spent attending meetings. This can be used for all future meetings, such as the Home Funeral, Sorghum and O.N.E. Congress committees. Board meetings would be covered by the Secretary's minutes, but the Meeting Attendance form could be used there also if the Secretary wanted to standardize attendance info.

Concerning Magda's suggestion to retroactively document past contributions for group efforts such as time spent in committee meetings, I think the form Tracy made is better suited for that.

I suggest we each post our best estimates of time spent in past meetings on Tracy's form with a clear label for the time, location and meeting label under each project's board here on the forum, rather than create a single place for all volunteer time for all projects and efforts. Posting and tracking our volunteer time on a per-project basis will be easier for future volunteers to assess the efforts made for that project rather than having to weed through a bunch of unrelated time sheets for different projects centralized in one place. There may be a need to assess time spent for multiple projects or O.N.E. as a whole, but those will be required far less and less useful in general to individuals and volunteers for projects.

I would also suggest that each group, committee or project leader use a Meeting Attendance form or designate someone in the group to act as a "Attendance Secretary" to track attendance.

I am now going to create a new "sticky" topic for each of the primary, active projects (Home Funeral, Sorghum, Work Parties and O.N.E. Congress) named "Volunteer Time" where all volunteer time should be posted, be it individual logs or meeting logs. If there are other areas that need a "Volunteer Time" sticky topic created let me or Tracy know and we'll create it.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 10:57:41 AM »
Great ideas Magda, YES to both.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 02:36:04 AM »
Regarding bringing time sheets to events - I suggest having at least two people who volunteer to do that.  So if one person (like me) forgets, then the other will show up with a sheet.  Second thought, how about 3 volunteers ?  The sheets will not go to waste if all three arrive with sheets in hand as they can be used for another event.  ;D

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 02:31:57 AM »
Shall we start from now or do our best to work backward a little and capture all of the hours that were devoted to putting on the Congress?  My vote is for doing our best to estimate the time we all spent on the numerous tasks involved in the just completed Congress.  Who knows when there will be a grant that will come up and we may need that info.?  And the Congress won't come around till a year from now.  Just a thought......Cheers
Magda

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:48:29 PM »
Yes and yes Magda!  Both ideas are great and should be put into practice. I think our biggest hurdle will be designating someone to print time sheets or remembering to bring them to an event / work party.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:14:51 PM »
Yay Tracy!  Awesome form...  Thanks for helping to organize O.N.E.

I can think of two ways to utilize the form.  (1) Have a copy available at each event such as a work party so that volunteers can sign in.  (2) For events like the Congress which have ongoing preparation, each person could keep a dated running log of their own activities (for example canvassing, printing questionnaires, telephone outreach, posting flyers, committee meetings, etc.) and hand in a copy to a designated person at each monthly meeting. Other ideas ?

Thanks again, Tracy.  ;)
Magda

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 06:27:10 PM »
Yet another awesome contribution you've made Tracy!
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Labor and Time sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
Hi all,

See attached sheet for recording Labor and Time donated when we have work parties or events like last weekend. Lisa Rollens brought up a good point at the last meeting regarding our need to keep track of time and labor donated to various tasks / causes. She would have found this information useful and necessary for the grant she wrote for the wood chipper.

See attached.

Tracy
Tracy

anything