Author Topic: Printing forms for Congress  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: Printing forms for Congress
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 12:18:19 PM »
I added a PDF version to Tracy's post so you can now access it.

You really should get me or Chuck to get your computer setup to open .doc files. It's not to tough to create the association to launch Word / Office (or LibreOffice if you don't have Microsoft Office installed) from .doc file links on webpages.

Try entering "file associations" or simply "associations" in Windows 10 search box, that may get you there, but not sure with Windows 10.

Almost all Windows computers use Microsoft Office as their default word processor. When Office is installed it usually sets up the associations for you, so that clicking on links to .doc files automatically starts Word. It may not do this if you don't use a Microsoft web browser (Edge or Internet Explorer) but instead use Chrome or Firefox or or or...

You will continue to stumble on this, b/c not everyone can or knows how to save as PDF and post that. Sometimes PDF is not always the appropriate format, such as with our home funeral documents that everyone needs to be able to edit.

PDF is a great format if you want to insure everyone else prints the exact same thing no matter what fonts or type of printer they have.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline lisarollens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 09:08:53 PM »
I would be glad to print some forms but I can't open the printingassignments.doc to see what needs to be printed.  If someone can tell me, I could print some and bring to the meeting Friday.  Thom put the forms in pdf that I can open.

I didn't get any notice of all this "form chat" either, just happened to get on here to find a link for the congress speaker lineup to send to someone.

Lisa

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »
Thanks Magda, I can print the Attendee eval forms.  That would leave the video order forms and the vendor sponsor release forms.

I am attaching a pledge sheet so we can keep track of what has been pledged by whom.

Tracy

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:04:28 PM by Thom »
Tracy

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
Printing forms for Congress
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 04:02:33 AM »
Hi All,

I'll print the sign-in sheets and the Vendor Eval. sheets.  I'll bring them to the meeting on Fri. at Hungry Bear.

Chuck has been printing more O.N.E. business cards to have available at the Congress.