Author Topic: Banner for approval  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Banner for approval
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 08:14:58 AM »
Hi all,

I ordered the banner this morning, the cost was $69.35. I was able to get 5 day shipping and a discount of $17.21 since I ordered from my personal account. I will notify on the forum when it arrives, I am having it shipped to my home. I will bring the receipt to the next meeting for reimbursement.

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »
I agree that the 4" letters look better, more in balance and a more pleasing aesthetic, even though I would prefer the 5" for visibility.  So, I'll go with the majority on this.

Tracy, your work on this and all you have been doing is so valuable and appreciated.  Thanks again and again.

Cheers, Magda

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 10:08:28 PM »
(No trouble viewing.)

Absolutely beautiful! Very good work. I actually prefer the 4", though. I think the white edges set everything off, but either would work well.

Pearl

100% agree with Pearl - I prefer the 4" letters with the white space but either will work.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline George Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 09:47:51 PM »
The larger letters look good and will be easier to read from further distances.  Good job!                  George
george

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 09:07:04 AM »
(No trouble viewing.)

Absolutely beautiful! Very good work. I actually prefer the 4", though. I think the white edges set everything off, but either would work well.

Pearl

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »
Not sure what is going on with the files. When I open them they look fine, one set of letters, etc.... but I am using Adobe Acrobat to open and Illustrator to create the files. 

I used layers in Illustrator to create the banner with both size fonts but with one or the other turned off. this is common practice in graphic arts.

Perhaps the viewers others are using let the alternate layers show through?

Tracy

Most likely that's the case. It's probably a common misinterpretation of the PDF spec, or possibly an omission in the spec, since it happens with at least 2 different non-Adobe readers.  I tried it in Linux and it's fine, which is not Adobe. It's probably an issue of using old software, except firefox which is up to date. Both firefox on Windows 7 AND Preview on the Mac have trouble. There were no issues using Adobe Acrobat 9 (very old) on Windows 7.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:18:42 PM by Thom »
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
Not sure what is going on with the files. When I open them they look fine, one set of letters, etc.... but I am using Adobe Acrobat to open and Illustrator to create the files. 

I used layers in Illustrator to create the banner with both size fonts but with one or the other turned off. this is common practice in graphic arts.

Perhaps the viewers others are using let the alternate layers show through?

Tracy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:52:46 PM by Tracy Meal »
Tracy

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 04:41:46 PM »
Hi Tracy,

I prefer the 5"  as long as the words don't bleed to the edge of the banner. It appears that the 4" are not in BOLD. If you prefer the 4" I would be Ok with that and just ask that they be bolder if possible.

Great job!! Thanks again for all your efforts. Please let us know what your bandwidth costs are and what th ONE percentage of that is.
We want you to be reimbursed.

Thanks again

Jim

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 12:15:07 PM »
I'm not sure what you intended, but what I see in both of these pdf files looks like several layers superimposed.

So the team reconsidered and decided a center logo was best. That does work out better for use as a table skirt for sure. I'm guessing vinyl letters on one side for event specific info and "Ozarks Neighborly Exchange" to the left of the logo and "Neighbors Helping Neighbors" on the right of the logo?

I like the hands below the logo. Kindof says we're a "hands on" kind of group.

Not sure about these PDF files tho. I'm using the pdf viewer built into firefox. Tried to look at it with Internet Explorer but something has corrupted it and it won't run. I rarely use it, and usually just for testing as in this case.

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Banner for approval
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 08:11:23 AM »
At yesterdays meeting we discussed the banner design again.

I was given a sketch to follow and I did just that.

There were concerns about text size. I am posting 2 versions one with 4" text and one with 5" text.

Jim suggested we put any event relevant messages on the back of the banner when feasible.

Reusable black vinyl letters are around $10 per pack at through Walmart.

Tracy
Tracy

anything