Author Topic: Digital Sign Copy at Lutie School for Cngress  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
Re: Digital Sign Copy at Lutie School for Cngress
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:46:30 AM »
Hi Tracy,

Yes maybe we should design the banner in such a way as to send a message about who we are and our mission and leave a blank space to overlay a sign with the dates of a particular event. Not suggesting a lot of copy but rather as few words as necessary to get the main message across to passersby.

Jim

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 09:27:28 AM »
I agree

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:04:31 AM »
Agreed, perhaps our banner will help with this?

Tracy
Tracy

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 01:00:22 AM »
Thanks for doing the leg work on this, Jim.  I would only suggest switching the first few lines to read FREE EVENT (first), JOIN US (second), and the date third.

I like that suggestion!
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:51:16 PM »
Thanks for doing the leg work on this, Jim.  I would only suggest switching the first few lines to read FREE EVENT (first), JOIN US (second), and the date third. 

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
Digital Sign Copy at Lutie School for Cngress
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »
Copy for Digital Sign at Lutie School for ONE Congress

NOTE: There can be a max of 12 characters per line including spaces. The message can spill over to additional pages which then rotate at a pre-determined time lapse. Typically, people will not see the entire message in one drive by, but locals will glean the entire message after a few passes. Folks from outside the area who catch a bit of the sign that sparks their interest will often pull over and stop to read the entire message.
Here is a first rough draft of suggested copy for the sign, respecting the 12 characters per line limitation. I realize that having 8 panels rotate is not ideal in terms of readability, the trade- off is a much more limited message.
JOIN US
FREE EVENT
SAT. 4/2  8-5
Prosperity
Through
Local Food
And Energy
Independence
Another option is to place a homemade banner under the digital sign which reads:         Prosperity through Local Food and Energy Independence. This reduces the number of panels rotating to 3, and would be my recommendation.
I will have the person at the school who manages the sign put the final copy up in its entirety and see if it makes sense to have 8 rotating panels.
Your suggestions, as always, welcomed and invited.
Jim