Author Topic: Nominations for Board of Directors  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
Volunteering for Board
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »
I am submitting myself, Magda Preston, as a volunteer for the board for either a one or two year duration. Thank you.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: Nominations for Board of Directors
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 10:16:03 AM »
Now that everyone has been notified of the upcoming elections officially by email, I wish to open the nominations with the following slate of candidates:

Board member nominations:

Bill Barnes, Board member, 2 year term
Chuck Blanchard, Board member, 2 year term
Desiree Fleck, Board member, 2 year term
Jon Kruger, Board member, 2 year term
Tracy Meal, Board member, 2 year term

Dusty Baker, Board member, 1 year term                           
Jeffrey Goss, Board member, 1 year term                           
Tom Kennedy, Board member, 1 year term                         
Jule Kruger, Board member, 1 year term
Lisa Rollens, Board member, 1 year term

I further nominate the following:

Suzanne Meeks, SECRETARY, 2 year term, and
George Craig, TREASURER, 2 year term.

The above slate of candidates include all of the volunteers listed in this post by Jim Farmer on Feb 9th.

Note that some have volunteered to serve either a 1 OR 2 year term to fulfill the requirements of the bylaws which call for 2 board members to serve only a 1 year term of office. Those that volunteered to hold office for 2 years I so nominated, however others may choose to nominate any of these candidates for the shorter, 1 year term.

Note that the above nominations must be approved by a majority vote of the O.N.E. Associates present at the March 4th business meeting (Bylaws Articles I.D.1 and II.B.1). The bylaws do not allow proxy voting which encourages active participation. For your vote to be counted you must be present.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
Nominations for Board of Directors
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:03:34 AM »
I thought we had a very productive meeting on Friday, with enthusiastic support for the direction in which the group is heading. Thank you, all.

Here is a list of folks who signed up to volunteer to be Directors on the about to be formed Board of the O.N.E. 501C-3 non profit organization.

Two (2) of the Directorships shall be for a term of one (1) year and three (3) for a 2 year term. This is done so that there is continuity as opposed to having a whole new board take office without knowledge of what had taken place in the previous year.

Being a Director on the Board is a nominal position required by the regulatory agencies. The Directors individually and collectively do not have any significant power as most all decisions are to be voted on by the membership-at-large.

NOTE THAT MEMBERS HAVE THE OPTION OF WRITING IN A CANDIDATE FOR NOMINATION, INCLUDING WRITING IN THEIR OWN NAME.

To vote, simply reply to this message and type in your choices.
VOTE FOR TWO (2) CANDIDATES, ONE (1) FOR EACH TERM and indicate your agreement for Secretary and Treasurer or write in your suggestions.

VOLUNTEERS:

ONE YEAR                             TWO YEARS

Dusty Baker                           Bill Barnes
Bill Barnes                             Chuck Blanchard
Chuck Blanchard                    George Craig ( see Treasurer below)
Desiree Fleck                         Desiree Fleck
Jeffrey Goss                           Jon Kruger
Tom Kennedy                         Tracy Meal
Jon Kruger
Jule Kruger
Lisa Rollens

Positions which do not have the voting rights of Board members are:
Secretary and Treasurer

VOLUNTEERS for these positions are:

SECRETARY                         TREASURER
Suzanne Meeks                    George Craig

There are several ways to vote for a candidate. Please refer to the by-laws for details.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:02:54 PM by Thom »