Author Topic: O.N.E. Bylaws edited draft 1  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: O.N.E. Bylaws edited draft 1
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 07:09:24 PM »
OK then, I will delete the red items and renumber accordingly then keep the blue items? Please advise. Thanks!

Tracy :D
Tracy

Offline George Craig

• View Profile
Re: O.N.E. Bylaws edited draft 1
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 12:35:48 AM »

I agree with the blues, but not with the reds.

RE: Article IV C:
      I have to agree with Jim.  We are not eliminating minutes at meetings by deleting this.  We have already stated that it is the duty of the Secretary to take minutes at Board Meetings and General Meetings.

Regarding DISTRIBUTING an agenda: 1) We have never distributed an agenda at our meetings, so this is a departure from our normal operating procedures to be considered.  2)  I have chaired many meetings and have always had an agenda and sometimes distributed it to attendees, so I think it is a good idea to do so and feel that it should be the job of the facilitator, but   3)  I do not think it is a good idea to lock ourselves into this procedure in our bylaws. I can speculate a number of reasons an agenda may not be available ahead of time to be distributed, and if not, requiring one might negate the validity of the meeting.  Do we send everyone home? Why not just make the facilitator responsible for preparing and administering the agenda?
george

Offline Tracy Meal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
O.N.E. Bylaws edited draft 1
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »
HI all,

I compiled all the comments compared them and made some of the proposed changes, I have questions / comments regarding the following:

- Article I K. is now Article III.D, I moved it since it made more sense to include it in the decision making section... HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE

- Article II.B.7. Not sure what to change here, we agreed at the last meeting to leave it as is since it allows us flexibility to approve project expenditures OR individual expenditures. Probably need more discussion on this, see Jim's comments... HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE

- Article IV. C. Do we really want to eliminate meeting minutes or agendas? the minutes are currently posted on the forum for anyone to retrieve, agendas "technically" should be created in advance by/for the facilitator.... HIGHLIGHTED IN RED

See attached edited draft 1

Tracy  :)
Tracy

anything