Author Topic: By Laws suggested edits  (Read 1704 times)

Offline George Craig

• View Profile
Re: By Laws suggested edits
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »
Jim,
I'm glad I was called away.  Now I can also respond to your reply.  I found the same items as you and differ only in the following:
My notes show we reworded Article I K to read:  Changes in or new policy or procedure requires a majority vote of associates at a General Meeting.  (I thought we deleted the part about a consensus of Board members)

Article II  B-7    I agree with the extended thought -- we discussed the point -- but disagree with including it into the by-laws.  When we empower a committee, or at any time after, we can and should include in the initiative the provision to empower them to spend "up to 'specified amount' at their discretion ".

Article IV C-1  Agree but what shows as C-2 should read as a continuation of C-1.
Article IV C-3  I agree we should distribute an agenda, but agree with you that it should not be a part of the by-laws.

Looks good Jim   
george

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
By Laws suggested edits
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »
Hi Tracy,
That was fast!
Based on my rather cryptic notes, I noted the following:

Article 1   D-5   AFTER appointed by the Board replace THE with BE

Article 1   K is missing ------ A consensus of Board members is required for changes in or new policy or procedure development voted on by associates at a general meeting.

Article 11  B-7......7. All expenditures require the approval of the majority of associates at a general meeting.  Suggest we add----, except those pre-approved to be spent at the discretion of individual committees.

Article IV  C-1.... Add the word GENERAL before meetings and at the end add-----approved by majority vote at a general meeting

Article IV  C-3   Delete---An agenda is distributed for each meeting

Article IV  D  Add.....After the first election......annual elections, etc.

That's all I noticed.

Great job!!

Thank you for your support.

Warm Regards,

Jim