Author Topic: How do I/Can I make attachments to personal messages?  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: How do I/Can I make attachments to personal messages?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 02:03:48 AM »
Unfortunately attachments in PMs are not possible in the SMF forum. I looked into this about a year ago and there also weren't any plugins or extensions to provide that functionality.

I have also looked into switching to different forum software. nodeBB is much more modern and is better integrated with social media and is mobile friendly. There is an import tool to assist migrating from an SMF forum over to a nodeBB forum but it is minimalistic and would require a lot of manual work and users would need to update their information (for example passwords are not migrated).

There are a lot of choices out there, many free. But is it worth the time to change? I'm skeptical. Just not sure it's worth the effort given the lack of enthusiasm O.N.E. members generally have for an online forum.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
How do I/Can I make attachments to personal messages?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »
That's the question Thom. I want to forward a couple of documents to some folks, but I can't find a way to do it PM. Is that not possible?

Pearl

anything