Author Topic: O.N.E. Website Administration Log  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: O.N.E. Website Administration Log
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
Registered Mark Lavette, and posted pictures of the community garden and 1st Biochar conference in early June at the Woodpecker Lodge.

It took about 3 hours to pull all the photos off my phone and get them sized and uploaded to the server, but I must say they look great!
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 07:11:57 PM »
-Uploaded July meeting minutes and financial report
-Performed site backups
-Upgraded SMF to 2.0.8 from 2.0.7
-Resolved problem of no connectivity to ozarksneighborlyexchange.com

1.5 hours
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 12:54:34 AM »
All tolled I put in about 3 hours today on various aspects of managing this forum or writing about it, sending email reminders, moving forum topics etc.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 12:59:37 AM »
Spent 30 minutes sending an email to Sabrina and researching account activation issues.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:31:53 PM by OneMan »

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »
I noticed Chuck posted 2 new items on the Event Calendar board. I guess he didn't read my instructions I wrote last night about forum posts and navigation.

But that turned out to be a good thing. I revised my instructions so that posts that appear under that board will serve as a notification to administrators (just me for now) to update the calendar.

30 minutes to create the calendar events and revise the instructions.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 12:08:50 AM »
Pearl Schneider posted a message expressing her uncertainty of how to navigate and use the forum, although she has posted several messages on various boards. I could not determine what specific issues she is having from the information in her post, so I wrote a general description of the forum structure which hopefully will help her or any other members unfamiliar with SMF forum operation.

It took me about 3 hours to complete that effort.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:10:54 AM by OneMan »

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
O.N.E. Website Administration Log
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 04:26:56 PM »
I have been keeping a log of my time spent on O.N.E. website related administration at Patrick's request but thought it would be better if it were done online. That also serves to help me update it and not let doing so fall in the crack. This topic will be a running log of admin efforts.

O.N.E. Administration Log started 2 days after purchase of new Siteground hosting account. 
  • 5/18 - 4 hrs. Moved Wordpress and SMF forums from Hostmonster to new host. All tolled about 4 hrs of work, including obtaining a honeypot for spam protection and installing it on the Wordpress site and in the forum pages.
  • 5/19 - 4 hrs. Started working on SMF mods to import Bigtent users into SMF, as there are no built in facilities to do that. Also started migrating Bigtent posts and content.
  • 5/20 - 5 hrs. Continued content migration. I also spent an hour researching bulk member registration.
  • 5/21 - 6 hrs. Coded a hack to the admin registration page to provide bulk registration capability. Completed and tested it, then sent out activation emails to all O.N.E. members.
  • 5/22 - 5 hrs. Had a few phone conversations and sent some emails with a half dozen or so ONE members that appeared to have used an incorrect passwords to login to the new website. Also sent a migration progress update email to all O.N.E . Members. Continued data migration and calendar event posts.
  • 5/23 - 7 hrs. Began review process for board structure and configuration then posted some stickies in various forums.
  • 5/26 - 2 hrs. Completed content migration from Bigtent. Posted news item to that affect on Bigtent and sent news blast.
  • 6/1 - 3 hrs. Researched media player mods for SMF. I couldn't find any for free. Wrote Patrick Quinn about funding a mod to play MP3 attachments.
  • 6/2 - 1 hr. Purchased media player mod and installed it on O.N.E. forum.
  • 6/11 - 2 hrs. Reviewed membership activation (19 members have not yet logged in)and ran some tests. I also sent an email to all ONE members about logging in to new forum and provided some clarification about usernames.
  • 6/12 - .5 hr. Deleted George Hoppes from new website at his request. Also looked at Bigtent but could not find him listed there anymore.
  Grand Total: 39.5 hours.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:49:49 PM by OneMan »