Author Topic: Tee Shirts  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Magda Preston

• View Profile
Re: Tee Shirts
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 11:37:27 AM »
Thanks for the work you have put info this.

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 11:30:20 AM »
Hi Desiree,

The prices are a bit higher through the local woman that Carl recommended, but certainly in line.

Imprinted 3 colors one side with Ozarks Neighborly Exchange encircled around top of LOGO and neighbors Helping Neighbors around bottom. One color on Back of shirt would add $1.00 to cost. These shirts are screen printed as opposed to a digital print. This means that there is one screen for each color application. "Full Color" is not an option with this process.
I just got off the phone with our committee at Hungry Bear and we kicked around a few ideas, one of which is to make the logo one color (green) and have the Ozarks Neighborly Exchange in a 2nd color encircling the top and Neighbors Helping Neighbors in a 3rd color encircling the bottom of the logo. I will prepare a few paper variations for the March ONE meeting. If we are going to go with Judy Evans DayStar Shirts in Gainesville (417-679-4595) we will pick up a shirt to show at the meeting so we can all be comfortable with the quality. It is a 5.6 oz shirt and her most popular.
The lead time is 2 weeks.
We should plan on taking orders and payment for the shirts at the Mar. 7th meeting and decide on the number of extra shirts for sale during the Congress.

Sizes Small to XL  $12.00
Sizes 2XL and up  $14.00

Above prices based on a minimum order of 45-50 shirts.

Peace, Love and Blessings,

Jim 417-255-6527     javajim08@gmail.com

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
I thought it was decided at the meeting that we are just going to have the logo on one side and it will say in a curve along the top of the logo "Ozarks Neighborly Exchange" and then around the bottom "Neighbors Helping Neighbors" This is straight forward and to the point, describing who we are. I hope we still plan to get a patch, iron on, or tote bag designed as well for those who have too many tshirts already. And I hope we still plan to use the local who Carl suggested. Thanks for working on this guys!

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:22:04 PM »
I like both ideas and note that the logo does not tell anyone what it is we do or even the name of the organization. The acronym needs to be spelled out so people know it is the Ozarks Neighborly Exchange. Additionally, I suggest we create a Tag Line which is descriptive of our goal or intention. e.g. Neighbors Helping Neighbors, Teaching Self Sustainability, Conscious Farming and Gardening, A Conscious Neighborhood Team, etc.
I bought the transfers and will have sample Tees Friday night.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:38:08 PM »
One thought that comes to mind is to use the 3 inch size as a arm patch or on the left side on the front like a badge (like where a shirt pocket might be).

Might put the large one on the back.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Jim Farmer

• View Profile
Tee Shirts
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 04:34:42 PM »
At the ONE Congress committee meeting last Friday it was suggested that we look into tee shirts for the group.  After researching the options, I make the following suggestion:
Avery Iron-on Transfers can be purchased for $16 for 18 transfers. ($0.88) each. This would greatly reduce the cost and create a lot of flexibility for all. One could iron the transfer onto short or long sleeve tees or sweat shirts, jerseys, hoodies, etc. Everyone could buy the type and style of shirt they prefer. This also eliminates the need for the group to lay out any monies and the hassle of how many of each size to order.  I will find out if the logo will show up as well on a medium green or forest green tee as this might be desirable from the stand point of not showing all the dirt we might collect on a neighborly project and also use the obvious choice of green which is in alignment with our intentions and goals. The logos are on the site in 3 different sizes. If any one needed help in creating the transfers with the loge on them, I am volunteering to assist them.
My intention, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, is to have a sample tee to show you at Friday's meeting.
Open to any suggestions.