Author Topic: The "Climate change" agenda continues - prepare yourselves for higher taxes  (Read 4631 times)

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
Re: The "Climate change" agenda continues - prepare yourselves for higher taxes
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
I'm so glad that we can find common ground to share. Thanks for being part of the community too Thom!

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: The "Climate change" agenda continues - prepare yourselves for higher taxes
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »
Desiree, I am in 100% agreement with everything you said. As I've said to you and Carlos before, it truly warms my heart when I meet those of your generation going against the trends of the masses, towards a more loving and compassionate attitude towards life.

Like I say in the signature line of every post I make here, it's up to each of us individually to change what we can and that starts within ourselves. That's the one sure thing we have control over, if we just take responsibility and fully own that.

Part of that is not hiding who we are and being willing to put ourselves out there, to let our light shine.

Part of it is being open to correction when we're faced with our errors.

And the most important part is to have empathy, for those we interact with, for the pain that is part of life, that also has a role to play in giving us opportunities for change.

We must not dwell in the pain but rather help one another to overcome it, to grow, to learn, to thrive.

If I have caused pain in my brother or sister that is also hurtful to me. But what hurts me more is knowing much of the pain we all experience is due to hiding from the truth, not just the state of world we all share but also the truth of who we are at the core of our being, and the good and evil that is within every single one of us.

I am no expert in much of anything. All I can do is stay focused on pursuing truth. If there's one sure thing I know about myself it's that when I stop doing that I'll stop being me, and I like that about me.

I may come across as brash and bold in my opinions at times, and I'm sorry if people find my style offensive. It's not my intent to cause anyone pain (except those who seek to control others by aggression and force), and if I am wrong I am open to being corrected by the truth of objective facts and evidence. However, I will not relinquish my perspective due to peer pressure or political correctness or the discomfort others have when confronted with views that challenge their assumptions.

Thank you Desiree AND Pearl, for being a part of this community and giving of who you are, of sharing your light. Let's be joyous in what we share in common and grow to understand our differences, and help each other overcome our obstacles and learn to thrive and be fully alive!
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
I would just like to share some thoughts I have about this. I am no climatologist and have no intention of ever becoming one. I am, however, well aware of the abuse of Mother Earth that is happening all around me every second of the day. It makes me cry to think about it sometimes. Fossil fuels are being drilled out of the earth, exploded out of mountains, and pumped from our ground at a frightening pace. It is not gentle and it is not thoughtful. Most people live in cities where all there needs are transported from thousands of miles away. There is no connection to the land where people are living. This is dangerous and unfriendly. Whether or not it is changing the climate is a moot point to me. A rise in taxes won't solve the problem. A decrease in taxes won't solve it either. Only a dramatic shift in our way of thinking and our lifestyles will make a change. Money is irrelevant to Mother Earth.

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
Thom, I am not interested in debating. Really. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Well, I'm certainly up for a face 2 face discussion, but it won't change my insistence on providing evidence to support your claims.

I'm willing to change my perspective if the evidence supports a contrary position, are you?

The problem with a face 2 face is it's all to easy to make a verbal assertion without support or corroboration. It's much easier to provide support in a forum like this where statements can be far more easily checked out.

I'm not a skilled "real-time" debater, so whereas you're reluctant to put yourself out there here on a forum I am likewise reluctant to engage in a debate.

I am however always striving for objective truth, not mysticism or belief. I trust in the trivium method to help uncover the fallacies and sophism used so very effectively by the media and those who rely on the history of emotions to make decisions.

I'm not afraid or too prideful to admit when I'm wrong, but I will not do so without good, rational logical reasons.

I do thank you Pearl for your willingness to state your position and engage the conversation, albeit in a limited way. For now, here, we seem to have an impasse.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
No, not just an Al Gore movie.  Like I said, Thom, maybe we can talk about it in person sometime. I have made the mistake of engaging in these discussions in the past and it is not worth it to me.

There is plenty of evidence - reams of it - but if you think anthropogenic global warming is all just a conspiracy to raise your taxes, then you won't believe it, and nothing I say - or ~97% of the scientists who study the data say - will convince you otherwise. I find that very unfortunate for life on the planet, human or otherwise.

I like the cartoon.

I have never seen the moon purple, but sometimes there is a rainbow halo around it. 

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
"The evidence is in"? In what, an Al Gore movie?

Still, you don't provide any evidence to support your claim.

I fail to see the humor in the image.

The moon is purple! Why don't you believe me???
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:59:21 PM by Thom »

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
Maybe we can discuss this in person sometime Thom. I really am not into these kinds of internet discussions. Suffice it to say that I think the evidence is in: Anthropogenic global warming is happening. It's not just an opinion any more.

https://funnytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Cover_201501_large.jpg

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
I have no problem with people expressing their views, none whatsoever.

It would be much more helpful if you stated why. If you want to rally support for your view based on it's merits it takes more than simply making a contrary assertion. I shouldn't have to tell you this with your education & background.

The link I provided has both pro and con perspectives, not in equal balance but nevertheless both views are voiced. Science is not about popularity it's about facts. Consensus is not the basis of the scientific method. There are certainly many issues where the facts (i.e. data) can be understood in differing ways, and such issues are far from easy to judge. The peer review process should be based on rational arguments not bullying and popularity or appeal to authority.

When parties engage in hiding information, obscuring data and blatant manipulation with the intent to twist the truth to fit an agenda rather than seek the objective truth of a matter it will not benefit anything or anyone in the long run. I'm not saying Dr. Ball is a saint and squeaky clean, but I see far too much evidence of deception and data manipulation that support the government's agenda to give the global warming climate change position much credibility.

But then people continue to put their trust in things that have been proven to be untrustworthy again and again and they still don't understand why society gets more violent, more wasteful and less supportive of peace and love.

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
Sorry Thom. I disagree.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
The "Climate change" agenda continues - prepare yourselves for higher taxes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
Another meeting of government organizations (mostly "NGOs", who's primary source of funding IS from goverment to further gov's agendas with plausible deny-ability; no industry representatives of any significance were in attendance) took place in Lima Peru in early December. A good summary of what took place in audio form is attached to this post.

I write this to provide a counter-perspective to the "climate change" agenda so predominant in the mainstream media as well as individuals who may have been deceived into believing it.

I am well aware of the work that David Yarrow has done for carbon-smart farming, work which I have great respect for that is clearly beneficial to everyone and the planet as a whole. He and I have discussed the climate change topic at the Biochar workshop last June. We are however, not in agreement on that, but it is irrelevant to the benefits of biochar on which we both agree.

In my opinion there is no definitive consensus in the scientific community about climate change, and besides that consensus is not science; consensus is merely the most popular opinion. There may be room for debate concerning the scientific facts, but the proponents of the climate change agenda have done nothing but hide, obscure and manipulate the scientific evidence in order to control public opinion, rather than bring that evidence out into the light for a thorough, comprehensive and rational analysis. That for me is plenty of reason to distrust the mainstream narrative.

If you the reader of this post are inclined to defer your opinion to others based not on scientific evidence, or the integrity (consistently, demonstrated, virtuous actions) of others but rather on fear or emotional issues, then I doubt anything I could say will persuade you; you are not the target of this message.

For those who reserve judgement in favor of facts, of solid reputations and who distrust the institutions and agencies that have consistently lied to you and disregarded the health of this nation, the world and it's inhabitants -- that's you and me I'm talking about -- then I urge you to listen to the facts on all sides of the issue and make your judgement accordingly. It is for you I am posting this so you may become better informed.

http://www.corbettreport.com/interview-980-tim-ball-lets-the-hot-air-out-of-the-lima-climate-deal/

anything