Author Topic: O.N.E. Business Cards  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
Re: O.N.E. Business Cards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 05:49:47 PM »
Somehow I managed to upload the wrong version of the business card image to the forum, but I'm not sure when.

The good news is that the original set of 1000 cards out there in circulation are correct. Unfortunately the cards Chuck printed based on the most recent image in this thread were not correct. My apologies to all, especially you Chuck. It's a shame the cards you printed have the wrong phone number on them.

I have corrected the image so it is correct in this thread now, should anyone want to print more cards.

And while were talking about the phone number, or the "O.N.E. Hotline" as it's called on the business cards, Tracey & I have just updated the response callers will hear. We hope to get all of the O.N.E. board members to add their phone numbers to the "Hotline Pool", so the chances are higher that one of them will be available to answer callers directly rather than through voicemail. Right now only Tracy & I have added our phones to the list.

The hotline uses Google Voice, a free service that will try to connect a caller to the first person in the list of phones setup on our O.N.E. Voice account (o.n.e.voice.hotline@gmail.com). When a caller dials the hotline number Google Voice basically puts them on hold while it tries to contact one of the phones setup in it's list. The (O.N.E) that answers is directly connected to the caller to have an actual conversation. If no(O.N.E.) answers, Google Voice records the caller's voice message and then transcribes it to text which is then sent to the o.n.e.voice.hotline@gmail.com email account.

The messages can be played from any computer, or, using a PIN any phone can call in and play messages left. The login credentials to the Google account are shared between all of the board members, any of them can login and add their phone(s) to the list of those to handle hotline callers.
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 05:08:46 PM »
We've had our O.N.E. business cards out in the public now since early this year. I spoke with Jon and asked if he has ever had a phone call from anyone calling the (417) 433-3323 number on the card and he said no. Google reports there were 9 missed calls, one was from Dora but most were from out of state.

There have been 2 calls to that number besides the 2 back when I setup the number, but apparently Jon wasn't able to answer. Those callers left a message, which are attached below and transcribed by google voice as shown below.

I will try to check for messages when I go to the forum. These messages go to my google account so there is not way anyone else can check them besides me. However, it doesn't look like we get very much activity on that number anyway.

6-19-2015-John.mp3  (870) 499-3323
Yes sir, this is John this. Carol A. Trying to I've worked on. It built one long time and I just was wondering when they're gonna have a project up there that I can come and say I love them. One on October, which I plan on coming up. 4. You can reach me at . I have both lines of all three lines from long and top bar is, and I'm just trying to get more information. Thank you.

10-17-2015-unknown
This is a test of the neighbor Lee exchange telephone system if this had been an actual call I would've given my number and said the reason for calling This is only a test.

11-16-2014-thom (417) 712-4124
Hey John, This is Tom, I just called the number I just got for us. The once the number is (417) 413-3323 and way it works is when you call that number. If you don't answer at your house and I will record a message which you can get any time, but when you call then want anybody call that number. It's actually gonna ring your phone in the car will go directly through to you This number on 4 site is not a local number. It is a it's up to Springfield number. There wasn't any number is area or Branson, so this is the closest number so I will be a long distance number for anybody in our area. But anyway to somebody's interested. They don't have minutes issues on their phone. I can call the number and get put in touch with you. So, that's what we'll put on our business card and hopefully it'll work out well. I won't cost us a sense. It also transcribes the messages from voice into text in emails. So we can we get that benefits as well, but I just kind of a novelty thing and doesn't cost us a sense. So anyway that's it. That's the load out of it and will talk to you soon, John. Take care. Bye now.

11-16-2014-intro (661) 748-0240
Welcome to Google Voice. Google Voice gives you a single phone number that rings all of your phones, saves your voicemail online, and transcribes your voicemail to text. Other cool features include the ability to listen in on messages while they're being left, block unwanted callers, and make cheap international calls. We hope you enjoy using Google Voice.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:51:20 PM by Thom »
You'll become a better person if you surround yourself with the quality of people that model the virtues you seek for yourself. But first take a deep look inside yourself and fix the only sure thing you have control over - you.

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »
That's great!! I'm behind it, 100%. I think it's all groovy!

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 02:53:04 AM »
Thanks Thom.

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
I sent the following to Wayman King, a local printer recommended by Jessi Dreckman at the Ozark County Times:

Hello, my name is Thom Mayor and Jessi Dreckman gave me your contact info and said you’re their “go to guy” for printing business cards. I’m with the Ozarks Neighborly Exchange and we would like to get a quote for business cards, the preliminary artwork for which is attached. The final design will not be much different if at all. I left the background transparent for the card stock color to come through, which will be white or perhaps a yellow or an off-white color, depending on contrast and cost.

Please provide a quote for quantities of 500, 1000, 2000 and 3000 cards based on color printing on one side.

We may also opt to have the Ozark County Homegrown Food Project business card printed on the reverse side, but the details of that are yet unknown. For the purpose of this quote you can provide 3 costs: 1) a single sided card as per attached artwork, 2) a double sided card, both full color, and 3) full color on front side and black & white only on the other side.

That would be a total of 12 options for the variations and quantities.

Both our groups recognize there are less expensive businesses that could get this done, but we strongly believe in supporting our local community.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Here is his reply:
One Sided Price  500=27.50;  1000=50.00;  2000=90.00;  3000=140.00

Two Sided Color  500=32.50;  1000=65.00;  2000=115.00;  3000=170.00

Two Sided B&W second side  500=28.75;  1000=52.50;  2000=95.00;  3000=147.50

I will bring a hardcopy of this to the next O.N.E. meeting to circulate, and will propose we purchase at least 1000 cards of the design I have attached below. If you wish to have input on the design you need to voice it here online before the next meeting to give me time to make changes.

My thought is to have a one sided card leaving the back empty for members to write whatever personalized info they wish on the back of the card. I am also sending a link of this forum post to Jessi Dreckman, so if a dual card for O.N.E. and H.G.F.P. is desirable she will know what our plans are.

We should try to get this accomplished before our O.N.E. Congress in the spring, as well as the home funeral seminar at the end of February, and be sure we give the printer plenty of time to complete the job before those events.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:21:40 PM by Thom »

Offline George Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
I've finally completed a high resolution logo for ONE which is attached to this post. I will also create some business card images with this logo and other club info on it. Please note the attachments are low resolution not suitable for high quality printing. I can produce high res versions for that but they would be huge here on the website.

Sabrina suggested using a google phone number but I haven't checked into that yet, but it's a great idea. She says it's free and has voicemail so people can leave a message. I used skype for Ozark Open Cinema, which cost $18 for 3 months. Didn't know about the google option.

I also thought it might be nice to have a business card with one side ONE info and the other side Ozark County Homegrown Food Project info. If any of you that attend their meetings want to float the idea and see if they're interested, we could split the cost of printing. Jessi may have a better source for that than Vistaprint, but Vistaprint's prices are usually very hard to beat and there quality is actually quite good imo.

Given how long it takes me to do artwork I can't offer to take on the design of the OCHFP business card, but I could take what they design and combine it with our design and submit it to Vistaprint.

I finished my first attempt at a O.N.E. biz card which looked great on the big screen but is way way too small at 3.5x2.0. If you click on an attachment image below it enlarges so it can be read.

I'll keep at it as time permits and post them here for comments. Color vs. BW doesn't seem to impact the cost, at least for standard cards from Vistaprint (100=$16, 1000=$35, 2000=$65). If we had 50 members they could each get 40 cards for around $1.30.

Anyway I'll be proposing we fund printing some of these cards at the December meeting, so think about it and offer your comments.
george

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
We recently had a OzCoHomegrown meeting and there was barely anyone there so I didn't even bring up the business card idea. I can still run it by Jessi and see what she thinks, but I kind of feel like it would be best to just have a ONE business card and let OzCo do their own if they decide to.

That's pretty cool about the google phone, glad it's working out!

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 02:06:16 PM »
I agree with you about local support. Based on only 500 cards the cost looks to be approx. double. But if we wanted to order more I wonder if the ratio would change. We need a price quote from the local printer before the next meeting.

I'll hold off doing anything else on this as it is rather time consuming. If the membership wants to change up the words and design (of the card, not the logo) I'm totally OK with that, but it may require a significant effort to do, depending on the changes requested.

The cards above are just a few examples we can use to pass around to stimulate discussion and other ideas. The group needs to figure out:
  • If we should fund this purchase & how (pass the hat or club account)
  • what the card should have on it, design issues, color
  • whether to make it a joint effort with Ozark County Homegrown Food Project
  • the number of cards to order (how many cards per member / cost per member)
  • what should be on the voicemail greeting and who want's to be called besides Jon
Any chance you could contact Jessi and approach her for a design for the backside of the card, or ask her (since she works in Gainesville during the week) to see what kind of price break we might get for a volume order?

As for the phone number, I took Sabrina's suggestion and got a Google phone number, which is totally free. Unfortunately Springfield is the closest location they support. When people call that number it forwards the call to a list of phone numbers. Right now the only number on that list is Jon Kruger's home phone, but more can be added. If nobody answers, the caller is allowed to leave  voicemail, which is also automatically transcribed and sent to my gmail account. I haven't looked into an outgoing greeting message, but I'm pretty sure that can be created too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:09:34 PM by Thom »

Offline Desiree Fleck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »
I love how the logo turned out Thom, great job! The cards look really nice too, we can discuss at a meeting what should be included on the cards and what phone number to use, etc. Interesting idea to include OzCoHoGroFoPro on the card, we will pass that along.

Regarding printing, to me it is very worth it to support a local printer even if it doubles the price. We are all about neighbors helping neighbors so let's support our neighbors in business by purchasing from them instead of outsourcing work. There is one in Gainesville called King Co Printing that makes business cards - 500 color cards for $27.50

Offline Pearl Schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:12:22 AM »
Good job, Thom! I like it.

The dual card idea is also interesting. The may go for it.

Pearl

Offline Thom

• TechGuru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tech Garage
O.N.E. Business Cards
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 10:53:19 AM »
I've finally completed a high resolution logo for ONE. Low res. versions are attached to this post. I will also create some business card images with this logo and other club info on it. Please note the attachments are low resolution not suitable for high quality printing. I can produce high res versions for that but they would be huge here on the website.

Sabrina suggested using a google phone number but I haven't checked into that yet, but it's a great idea. She says it's free and has voicemail so people can leave a message. I used skype for Ozark Open Cinema, which cost $18 for 3 months. Didn't know about the google option.

I also thought it might be nice to have a business card with one side ONE info and the other side Ozark County Homegrown Food Project info. If any of you that attend their meetings want to float the idea and see if they're interested, we could split the cost of printing. Jessi may have a better source for that than Vistaprint, but Vistaprint's prices are usually very hard to beat and their quality is actually quite good imo.

Given how long it takes me to do artwork I can't offer to take on the design of the OCHFP business card, but I could take what they design and combine it with our design and submit it to Vistaprint.

I finished my first attempt at a O.N.E. biz card which looked great on the big screen but is way way too small at 3.5x2.0. If you click on an attachment image below it enlarges so it can be read.

I'll keep at it as time permits and post them here for comments. Color vs. BW doesn't seem to impact the cost, at least for standard cards from Vistaprint (100=$16, 1000=$35, 2000=$65). If we had 50 members they could each get 40 cards for around $1.30.

Anyway I'll be proposing we fund printing some of these cards at the December meeting, so think about it and offer your comments.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:08:59 AM by Thom »